When diagnosed with lung cancer your oncologist may refer you to Turville Bay. Once there you will find a number of treatment options for the different types of lung cancer. As the community’s healthcare technology provider, we’ll determine if radiation therapy is an option for your lung cancer treatment. At your appointment, you’ll meet one of our Radiation Oncologists, a physician that specializes in radiation therapy for cancer treatment.
During your lung cancer treatment consultation, we will:
- get a complete medical history.
- review test results and any imaging you have had.
- explore your lung cancer diagnosis.
- consider the benefits of radiation therapy in your lung cancer treatment.
- discuss the need for support such as Gilda's Club of Madison.
If radiation therapy will be part of your lung cancer treatment, we will schedule another appointment for treatment planning with our team of specialists. This will determine the length of treatment for lung cancer, the technology that’s right for you, and your lung cancer treatment schedule. At that time we’ll link you to Turville Bay’s Patient Portal so you can access medical information pertaining to your treatment and contact your healthcare team with questions or concerns.